Friday, December 14, 2012

my body has a shitty tomcat inside

my body has a shitty tomcat inside and
he leaks poison out the corner of
his ragged permanent smile making
dainty repulsed hustles through
street filth texture aching limbs
philosophizing old haunts
remembered vivid aching

at times there are distant noises
and he looks very seriously at the
noises as if they were things come
unraveled but displacing the air
until he is hungry again

then when he swivels around
the scene renders to primary
colors and tension lines

i don't know how to speak to the
things that don't know my animal
they regard me with congealed
confusion lazily knowing me

they ignore him
which makes him rub their legs rudely
he finds a corner to play with a
piece of stray trash very briefly then
sleeps deep

and every introduction is a fiasco of
insecure learning and
paws catch on the clothing of strangers so
we stare at each other awkwardly as i
disengage

my tomcat is lazy yet emptied of
homelands he
barely holds his own recent scenes down and
when he shrieks and
coos into the wet bread of night he is
throwing his own precious energy away and
couldn't tell me why

the parklands and gaunt alleys and other
nightmares of nowheres are
where we divide
he into the dreaming and
i into the dreaming

No comments: