Saturday, September 22, 2012

somnambulance

we barter in swirls of nostalgia
precise
we take milligrams of
what we used to be and what we wished we were
back when an alarm ringing clear out of a dead road
reached us now and found

signal in words no one will see or hear
me redistributed into chemicals
the years repeated tunes come on slow
when it's right it stuns me flat between the eyes but
when it's wrong it's below me

above me it's soaring past
like hair through fingers dry
on dry on
skin responsive to anything

i like to meet calm skies with half a
smirk to hide the dry residue of what arrived here
to be here without assistance
free and fucked
fleeing through streets to points known by
a disregard of the known
shrugging off reductions
meeting my carelessness and
wiping the hair from her face
another beer at a gathering
we connect
separate

don't walk signs rattle
become lapsed torches demarcating
impossibly elongated streets
exchange themselves with others

my emotions and growing concerns melt down my legs
blown around bus exhaust fumes and partially
eaten takeout drunkenly draped on fire hydrants

gathered in and consumed
selfish when i want my own window
take it with me for later
name it for me and guard it
ventilated in my conjured gusts

none of this is real
reassure
steeped in my shadow material
ego decommissioned
in array and out of time

never
ending
the
day
after

No comments: